What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage is a form of massage therapy created in India thousands of years ago. It is a deep style of massage derived from the Ayurvedic tradition that focuses on the head, shoulders and neck.
Through a variety of different techniques, the massage works to release any blocked negative energy in the body that may be manifesting itself as disease or injury in any one of the seven Chakras (energy centres) of the body. It does so by applying pressure to certain points on the neck, shoulders and head that correspond to each Chakra (which is a similar approach to that of reflexology). This unblocks the Chakras, and allows for a free flow of energy around the body, restoring the individual to optimum health and feelings of well-being.
What to Expect From an Indian Head Massage
An Indian Head massage is the ideal way to get a person “out of their head”, far far away from everyday emotional and mental stress.
The massage usually lasts between 35 – 45 minutes, and may or may not use certain oils in the hair and on the body. Starting at the upper back, the Indian Head masseuse begins by applying pressure to points that dissolve knots and relax the muscles. They then move to the shoulders and upper arms to release other common areas of tension, and to the neck and head to release headache-causing blockages and to encourage better circulation of the cerebral fluid. The therapist then progresses to the scalp, relaxing the entire head, encouraging circulation and stimulating hair growth.
Lastly, the therapist may choose to perform a gentle face massage that may relieve symptoms of sinusitis & headaches, and encourages healthy circulation and a glowing complexion.
- Relieving built up tension that can often result in headaches, migraines, neck and back pain.
- Detoxifying the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Boosting overall immunity
- Improving circulation, which in turn increases energy levels.
- Promoting clarity and increased concentration.
- Soothes symptoms of asthma by calming the respiratory system.
- Relieves Mandibular Joint Tension.
- Increases muscle tone.
- Relieves symptoms of sinusitis.
- Boosts cerebral spinal fluid circulation.
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia.
- Relieving symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Providing relief from stress and promotes relaxation
- Improving concentration levels
- Renewing energy levels
- Increasing feelings of peace, calm and well being.
- Boosting memory capabilities
While you are bound to feel great after our Indian head massage, there is a good chance you may not look great. Whether your masseuse has chosen to use oils or not, your hair will look tussled and potentially like you haven’t washed out your conditioner from a week ago! Make sure to take a hairbrush and band, or a hat to wear on the way home from your session.
Indian Head Massage - Book Now
To find out more please call us on 01782 513407 or to book an appointment just reserve your place here online using our easy booking form below.